Friday, September 7, 2012

August Glymm Bag

Hi ladies,
I am trying to get caught up here, so that I can share with you what I got in my fall Luxe Box.  I think it was disappointing compared to what others received. 

What else is disappointing?  August's Glymm bag. It felt like bottom of the barrel!  I know others got some better bags with nail polish and stuff...why do I always get the dredges? lol

Anyways...this months bag was a black plastic quilted one.  I actually don't like it as much as the others because it's plasticy.  It doesn't have the Glymm logo on the front this time, but it does on the zipper pull.

The first item was an Atelier cologne in the scent: Vanille Insensee.  I wasn't too impressed since I received the orange sanguine one a couple months back and I wasn't impressed then.  This one does however smell better. But, definitely not something that I would pick myself.

Full size is $70 for 30ml. Sample size I estimate at 2.5ml value of $5.83. It says up to 20 uses.

Next, is the The Laundress Delicate Wash in lady.  My thoughts?  Ok..cool if it was something thrown in..but as a product?  Bummer. Others got NuMe conditioner or nail polish. :/

Full size is $22 for 500mL.  Sample size 30mL (one time use) for $1.32.

Next, Mai Couture Foundation Powder Papier in Fair Glow.  Neat concept, not sure how well it works.  But, really..2 sheets?  I can't even see one covering my face. *sigh* What is going on here?  It says it softens the appearance of imperfections and evens out skin tone without the mess.

Full size is $26 for 50 sheets. Sample size is 2 sheets valued at $1.04. It says up to 4 uses...really?

Next is the product they hinted up like crazy...made a huge deal about... Bentaberry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream.  It's cool that it is made from 100% natural active ingredients..but MAN was it tiny. It's supposed to smooth, mattify and balance skin.

Full size is $22 for 30mL. Sample size is valued at $2.20.  Up to 7 uses...? We'll see.

See how bitty it is?  Not even the size of my ring finger!

Next, is the product I'm probably happiest about..and even then it's nothing to write home about.  It's Vitamine & Sea Mineral Clay Mask.  It has a mucky grey colour and a clay like consistency.  It's from the dead sea and it claims to exfoliate, eliminate toxins, promote circulation, cleanse and strengthen the skin.

Full size is $62 for 210mL. Sample size is 15mL (my generous estimation) valued at $4.43.

Cute jar..but teeny tiny.

Last was this lip gloss by Naked Princess.  It's in Barely Coral and it's from a line of naked shine glosses in neutral tones.  I love getting glosses... but man SMALL!!  It's apparently lightweigth, non tacky and helps to plump lips without irritation to reduce the appearance of fine lines.

Full size retails $26 for 2.96mL. Sample size is .24mL valued at $2.11.

You can see how small the tube is...

And a good idea of how itty it is...

At least it's a pretty colour, right?

Total value with my estimations is $16.90.  I pay $11.20 with tax...but it's just small 1 or 2 use items...it's kind of sad...

Did you get a bag this month?  What did you think?

I'm off to the Roxette concert, so have a great night!!!

XO
~A


12 comments:

  1. I actually really like the bag this month! but the contents are very disappointing. Glymm has always been pretty hit and miss though.
    Looking forward to your LB box review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bag design, I just didn't really like the material. I don't really know if I'll continue with Glymm, but I worry I'll cancel, they'll get good and then it's $12+ tax to sign up again.

      Delete
  2. Aww man, the contents weren't the greatest this month:(
    Also looking forward to your luxe box review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was a bummer. I can't wait to get my luxe box review up!!

      Delete
  3. Yeah the lipgloss was teeny - I used mine up in two days LOL It is good but I do not think I would buy a full sized one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used mine up in ONE! It was so sad because I was actually really liking the colour! I ended up purchasing a full sized one with my remaining Glymm points.

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness!!! lol that's saaaad!

      Delete
  4. i have heard good things about the clay mask.u r rite the products r so teeny weeny.lets hope u get to use them a few times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it!! But, I think it will only last once.

      Delete
  5. I was pretty upset about the value of this Glymm Bag. Not one decent sized sample!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was very disappointing! I keep saying that I will cancel...but I'm scared to miss out on something. How pathetic is that?!

      Delete