Wednesday, August 29, 2012

July Beauty Box 5

Hi ladies! This post is the July Beauty Box 5.  I feel a sense of panic to get some posts out. As, I type this I actually just received my August Beauty Box 5.  Sometimes, with all these subscriptions it gets a little overwhelming! :)

So, on to what I received in July!  There were only 4 items, but I think they were pretty decent.  They were all things that were new to me. What I love about BB5 is there is always a ton of things you wouldn't normally get in other beauty boxes.  I'm really glad I stuck with it, because they are trying hard to get out some great boxes!

The first item in my box was a pedi-scrub foot buffer by Spongeables. There is a soft side to cleanse and moisturize and a scruffy side to exfoliate and massage.  I really like the idea of this and can't wait to try it out. 

It's a full size item that you can get at least 5 uses out of.  It retails for $2.99.

The next item is a Blinc mascara in black.  Last month we recieved a blinc eyeliner I believe.  This is a water resistant, no smudge, flake free mascara that surrounds your lashes with little tubes.  Neither water alone nor pressure alone will remove this mascara.  You have to use lots of warm water and gentle pressure to slide the tiny tubes off your lashes.  How cool is that?  It is a mascara that adds volume and length.

A full size is $26 for .21 oz.  This is a .02 oz tube worth $2.48.

Next, was pretty exciting.  A pair of lashes by Hollyren.  Well..at first I was pretty excited..then I realized that they look kind of chunky.  I did try them on and they felt pretty plasticy and uncomfortable.  I'll trim them up and try again and give an honest review.

These are a full size set of lashes retailing for $7.00.

Here is a closeup.  The package says natural false lashes.  But, clearly you can see they're kind of dramatic. The bummer was, they didn't come with eyelash glue and it doesn't say what they're made from.

Last, is probably the most exciting to me.  It's a primer by Bodyography.  it's a foundation primer to help make your foundation last longer.  It claims to help prevent collagen breakdown and is anti-aging.  I opened the tube, and I guess it was pressurized because the product started volcanoing out at me. :(  I have now learned my lesson and plan on keeping a container around for tubes like this.  It's such a bummer because when I swatched this on my hand, it has a nice clear liquid cream to powder consistency, it's non oily and at first has a baby powder type scent which later smells like a mild soap. VERY nice product!  I can't wait to try it on my face.

The full size is 1 oz and retails for $30.00.  The sample is a generous .53oz (15mL) retailing for $15.90.

Here is the whole box.  It's not a ton of product, but a lot of good ones, I think!  I was really happy with my July box.  The total value is $28.37.  The subscription costs me $12.00 a month.

What do you think?  Did you get a July box?  If you're interested check out my link on the right hand side under "My Subscriptions." -------------------->

XO
~A

8 comments:

  1. I would love to try that foot bluffer.. looks good.. anything to help my heels! haha
    I need to get on another subscription service.. I'm starting to get bored waiting for my Luxe Box!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really cool! I'm so good at subbing to these boxes but SO slow to try stuff out! Did you get your luxe box today? I did and I think the wind was taken out of my sails after I saw what others got!

      Delete
  2. I found that although the eyelashes look nice on my eye, they don't wear as well as my Eyelure's or Ardell's. That foot sponge was so nice; my husband used it too - it is so comforting on the feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer...I just bought a full size one at the glymm sale. I guess I should have tested my product first!!! It's nice that your hubs can use it too!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, what a great variety of products!

    ReplyDelete