Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Glymm - December Edition

I think everyone in Canada waited for their Glymm bag with anticipation!!  The reason? Gift cards were included!! There was one $1000 GC, two $500 GC and several $250 and $100 ones.  I received a $10 card. While it would have been nice to receive the big one I'm still grateful for getting something!  I don't know who all got the big cards but Kristelle over at CrystalCandy Makeup Blog got a big $500 one!

This month the makeup bag was gold.  I kind of actually like this one because it's not stiff like the others.  I just wish they would sometimes come in a different style.  These bags are basically flat and you can't put much in them!

Inside there was also a gift card for $20 off of a panty by post subscription.  It's a neat service where you can get a nice pair of panties in the mail every month.  There is also a one time only option.  Last I checked the shipping was about $5 and it is a Canadian company.  I did receive a card like this previously and I didn't use it.  This time I think I just might.  I blurred the code in case the company would be offended it being shown all over the interwebs.  Although, it doesn't say exclusive or anything like that...if you're interested email me!

Lashem Eyelash & Brow Enhancing Serum. Full size is 4.2ml valued at $70.00. Sample size is unknown. So this product is supposed to help you get longer luscious lashes in just 6 weeks.  You apply it along the edge of your eyelid close to the lash line and let it absorb.  I've tried a product like this with Avon that actually did make a difference.  I was actually really excited to try this until I read from girls that there wasn't enough to do ONE eyebrow, despite the product card saying the sample is good for up to 6 weeks.  You can apply it morning and night.  This is super disappointing as I would love to get a good feel for this product.  But, I wouldn't pay $70 for something to have it not work!

Website: Lashem

Lashem False Lashes. Full size valued at $5.00.  Pretty self explanatory right? These are mink lashes.  That's supposed to be good right? I love lashes although I'm still really learning how to use them.  This one is a little intimidating but at least it has some variation to the lashes. The packet actually came with a small vial of glue, nice!  Although, the first time you need not use glue. These lashes are said to be good for up to 3 uses.  I know with proper care you can get them to last longer.  But, with something this dramatic not sure how often you can wear it anyways.

Website: Lashem

Here is a bit of a closeup so you can see the details. Has anyone tried them?

Suncoat All Natural Nail Polish Remover Gel. Full size 30ml valued at $9.99. I find it hard to believe this is a full size and that it would be that expensive.   The usage is for 24 months.  Some people received the gel, some received a liquid natural nail polish remover and still others received a nail polish that you can peel off.  I've heard pretty negative reviews on pretty much all these products.  I just don't understand how water based nail polish products are supposed to work well.  I guess we'll see, but I'm not really over the moon to try it.  It is a Canadian company, so I will try really hard to love them...but we'll see what the gel remover has in store.  Here is a link to a video on how it works: GEL REMOVER VIDEO.

Website: Suncoat

Glamorous 5 Eye Shadow Set. Full size valued at $9.00. This actually looks like a really neat palette.  It has all colours that I would use.  I've never heard of the brand before.  I originally thought it was Canadian...but then I guess it would be Glamourous then. ;)  In any case I know there were several different things girls received.  I didn't see very many of these 5 shadow pans.  There were a lot of the 12 colour pans. ($6 on the site)  I can't wait to try it out and see what the quality it is like.  If you follow the link to their website you'll see it's really cheap stuff and only $5 worldwide shipping!

I wish I had taken different closeup photos, so I could explain the palette! The palette I received was Athena.  All their 9 colour palettes are named after Greek Goddesses!  They actually have a Demeter palette which would have been interesting if I received...my husband likens me to Demeter for a personal reason. Anyways...lol. This is a 2 looks in one.  The two on the left are for one look and the two on the right are a second look.  The middle colour is the bond between both sets.

Website: Glamorous Cosmetics

A closeup of the first two colours:

The middle "bond" colour and the last two colours!

This was all the printed material that was received.  I'm really happy that Glymm has gone back to adding product cards.  The card in the middle is my $10 off gift card and the last is the Panty By Post gift card.

Here are all the contents together.  I pay $10 plus tax for a total of $11.20 a month for this subscription. The bag was worth approximately $30. My estimation of the Lashem serum is $5 because I have no idea how much it is and some girls said there is enough for one use!  If I add the card the value is $40 and of course by adding the Panty By Post the value is $60.

I was actually happy with this bag because it's got a nice variety of things this time.  Things I've never heard of before.  It's a nice change from miniscule cream samples!

Hope you're having a good week almost the weekend AGAIN!

XO
~A

10 comments:

  1. Great review, Aleks!
    My box was similar, but I got an eyeliner instead of that beautiful palette! *jealous*
    This was my last box for Glymm, as I cancelled, and I did not receive the gift card. I was pretty upset, so I emailed them to, still no response. Not the greatest customer service in my opinion!
    I've used the mink lashes once. On my eyes, they actually don't look overly dramatic! I think the ad nicely to the look. I do have difficulty getting the lashes in as well. Takes me a lot of time. lol practice makes perfect, I suppose! ;)

    Anyways, great review, Aleks! I wish I got your bag instead of mine!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese!
      Bummer that you got an eyeliner. Palettes are definitely much more fun! I can't believe they didn't send you a gift card!! That is such a huge disappointment. Considering you were still subbed with them, you should have received it! Ooooh, good to know about the lashes! I can't wait to try them!

      Delete
  2. I think my favorite item was the eyeshadow! I like the assortment of colors it has:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Glymm before...they offer some pretty nice products! Those false lashes look amazing :)

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, it's pretty hit and miss with Glymm. Some months are better than others and I think this may have been a better month!

      Delete
  4. Not a bad box, they only took like 8 months to respond to all our suggestions! That Lashem looks pretty interesting. I actually bought that suncoat remover a few months ago in the health food store, but haven't used it yet. I will give it a go too (but definitely not with glitter polish!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I know right! Hopefully, they keep it up! I think it's hilarious that you bought it but haven't tried it yet. Remember to leave the gel on your nail for a couple minutes...maybe once you work your way through your fingers the first one will be ready for removal!

      Delete
  5. I know this might be silly question, but what's the $10 giftcard to? The glymm website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the $10 GC is to the Glymm boutique! They sell products!

      Delete