Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Review - Starlooks Eye Definer Pen & Infinity Lip Colour

Today I am reviewing some products from one of my favourite cosmetic companies.  Those of you who know me, know it's Starlooks!  Starlooks is a wonderful company that is still relatively new to the scene. Their products are high end without the high end price tag.  The nice thing is you can sign up for a Starbox where they send you 3-4 full size products from their store for $15 plus shipping.  It's a heck of a deal!

These products I'm reviewing were not featured in a Starbox, but they may be at some point! We never really know what's coming up next!  Here is the preview of what I used.  I didn't put any foundation as I try and let my skin breathe on Sunday. hehe.  Sounds silly, but I'm really needing it right now! ;)
                          

The first item is the Starlooks Precision Eye Definer Pen.  It's 1 gram and retails for $13.00.  This felt tip pen only comes in black.  I would definitely say it is precision as you are able to create a line as fine or as thick as you want.  I have a bit of a problem with crepey eyelids...a result of the process of aging gracefully. ;)  Even with that being my problem, I was able to glide this pen across my lids smoothly.  The colour was really intense and there was no skipping. I am not good with eyeliners at all.  I have two different shaped eyes, so I really shy from liners.  This precision eye definer pen made it SOOO easy.  It literally took me seconds per eye.  It would be perfect for someone who can do a cat eye.  It's something I'll work on, myself! ;)  Guaranteed, 100% this will be my go to liner now.  As much of a fan I was of gels, I am totally blown away with this product!

This is the tip of the pen.  It's not too stiff and it's not soggy. It's the perfect consistency to make crisp clear lines with great control! It's really slim and not overly long so it makes it easy to work with around the mirror.

The other item I wanted to share with you was the Infinity Lip Colour in Lp604 in Slice. It is 2.5 grams and retails for $13.00. Starlooks touts this product as long wearing, richly pigmented and non-drying. So, basically this is their version of long lasting lipstick.  Sometimes, when we think of long wearing we think of a really cakey dryed out lipstick that feels super itchy on your lips.  When I use long wearing colours I put a little bit of coconut oil on my lips prior to putting on the colour.  I blot it quickly and then apply a second coat.  With Starlooks I had no problems at all! It wasn't drying, no feathering and the colour lasted 3-4 hours and through a meal of soup!  With most lipstick for me it's eaten off my face within an hour lol. I have a terrible habit of licking my lips.  I was presently surprised with this one!

I also really love the sleek packaging of this particular lipstick.  I say that all the time, but Starlooks has some classy looking products!

This is what the colour Slice looks like.  It's a twist up tube that has a nice feel and weight to it. The cap is really secure and makes a click when you put it back on.

Now for some views of how well the Precision Eye Definer Pen works! Here you can see how nicely the liner blends into the lashes.  The lines are just so perfect. (Shadow is also by Starlooks)

Here is another view with my eyes open.  I just love the intensity of the black!

here is a closeup of the eye area.

Again with an open eye.

Here is one with a closed eye.

Here is a closeup of the Infinity Lip Colour in Slice.  I just love this colour.  I think orangey tones can suit a great variety of skin tones! You can see that it's not drying and there is no feathering.  I didn't wear a liner with the lipstick.

Here again is how it all ties in together.  Not much makeup, but just these two items can add a nice pop of colour if all you have is 5 or 10 minutes to get out the door!

If you're interested in trying Starlooks or Starbox, head on over to their website.  Let them know I sent you! You won't be disappointed with the products.  Remember, Starlooks is a high end makeup brand along the lines of MAC and Benefit.  Have you tried these products?  What do you think?

Have a wonderful work week, ladies!

XO
~A

6 comments:

  1. What colours of eyeshadow are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priscilla, it is i145 pearl reflection on the lid and i163 celestial in the crease! :) The colours are sooo pretty!

      Delete
  2. Great review...you're slowly tempting me out of my no buy with these!
    I can't wait for my next box!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know it's so hard when there are so many awesome products! I am dying for the January box!

      Delete
  3. Great review! I love the look you have on, especially the lip color. And you've got yourself some gorgeous eyes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy!! I am so in love with corals!

      Delete