Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ipsy - March Edition

Hello ladies!  I am jumping ahead of myself a little bit here, as I have yet to post February Starlooks!  I had thought this was February Ipsy but ooops...it's March! :)  Anyways, this months theme was The Great Escape.  I just LOVE the card that came with it.  It's very scrapbooker-ish and reminds me of my days scrapbooking and cardmaking!  The bag this month was definitely a welcome change from the shiny pvc bags/dark coloured bags!  My only beef with it, is the fabric.  I wish it was a bit sturdier like canvas.  It's a thinner type of umbrella material!  Anyways...it's super cute and it's going right into my purse!

La Fresh -  Travel - Lite Makeup Remover Wipes. Full size 8 wipes - $1.99.

To be honest, I'm not really enthused about this product.  I bought 2 boxes of 48 makeup remover wipes from them in the past thinking I was making a wise investment and I ended up being super disappointed.  I had to use 2 and sometimes 3 wipes before I could wash my face.  They weren't overly thick.  I'm not sure if this packet is either of those 2 kinds, but I'll definitely use them, because they're here!  I just know now from trying several different things from La Fresh I'm really not a fan.

WEBSITE: La Fresh

Juice Beauty - Hydrating Mist. Full Size: 6.75oz - $24. Sample Size: 1oz -  $3.55.

This is a spray that use on your face to give you a boost of moisture that leaves your skin feeling toned and balanced. The nice thing about the product is that it is certified organic.  The results of this product were clinically proven that skin retains 11% moisture in the first hour and 7% up to the first 3.   I've tried it and it does seem nice, I'm just not sure I'm sold on this type of product.  We will see how I feel after trying it several times. Also, the face of Juice Beauty is Alicia Silverstone, which is not surprising!

WEBSITE: Juice Beauty

GlamRX - Touch Up Palette. Full size: $16.50.

This is one of those cases that is magnetic and holds your loose pans of eyeshadow/blush or whatever.  I think the concept is neat, but I don't tend to purchase shadow like that frequently.  I really prefer everything to be in it's own case with it's own brand.  The size of this case is about the size of a credit card, so it's not very large.  I can't imagine having too many shadows in here.  I imagine not more than 4 regular size shadow pans would fit in this.  Anyways, I know a lot of people were excited about this one, but I was pretty meh. :P

WEBSITE: GlamRX

I held this in my hand to give you an idea of the size.  The inside dimensions are quite a bit smaller than a credit card. It's the perimeter of the case that is the same size as a card. The top part is a mirror.

The next two products included were both from the same company.

Yaby Cosmetics - Eye Shadow in es192 Seashell.  Full Size: 3g - $3.15. Sample Size: 1g - $1.05.

These shadows were ITTY BITTY!  I was a little disappointed with the colours received because I did see some bright fun colours floating around.  It seems that a lot of people did get these, and I guess they're safe colours.  The thing I really like about this brand is that it's Canadian.  I actually had my husband weigh it and it was flip flopping between 1 and 2 grams.  So, taking the metal pan into consideration, I'm going to estimate this at 1 gram.

WEBSITE: yaby cosmetics

Yaby Cosmetics - Eye Shadow in es133 Azalea Petal. Full Size: 3g - $3.15. Sample Size: 1g - $1.05.

This is an idea of how big (small) the pans are.

Here is how they look in the GlamRx palette.  Maybe 10 of those minis would fit in here?

Here is the whole bag.  It was definitely not my favourite.  This bag costs $15 US and the value this month was $24.14.  So, we did get our money's worth...it was just a little blah to me.  What do you think? What I really do like about this subscription however, is that there is discounts for every brand that we receive!

Currently, there is a wait list for Ipsy, but if you're interested in signing up you can go to this link HERE

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

XO
~A

4 comments:

  1. ooooh i actually like the colors of your eyeshadows! i got my ipsy bag last week but my entire Juice Beauty leaked so they are sending me another one.
    actually it wasnt a leak - it was a full on flood since the bottom of it just broke off - i wonder if it was frozen or something?
    anyways, i got the turquoise blue and another shade... both were unharmed since they were all taped up so i am hoping they send some different colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i do reviews on sub boxes as well!
    plz check out my blog
    http://www.cupcakesandshoesinmybag.blogspot.ca/
    if you like my blog, plz follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally didn't like this months box either. It was just meh. I hated the wipes. They're too dry, the shadow payoff was crap, and the facial misting stuff smelled disgusting. This month tempted me to cancel...seriously!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did like the bag this month (better than last). Haven't put up my review yet, but I'm getting to it :) Seems I'm falling behind a bit as well in my posting. Even though the colour payoff on the shadows is not great, it's cool that they featured a Canadian brand!

    ReplyDelete