Friday, December 14, 2012

Itty Bitty Summer Haul - Rexall Clearance Bin

It was my intention to post about my November Starlooks box today and my cameras batteries died.  Plan B was to post my Shopper's Mega Redemption Haul, but I wasn't happy with the photos.  I take the majority of my photos after it's dark outside because I work full time and have a family as well.  So, I plan on taking better pics on Saturday and doing the SDM post then, hope you're as excited as I am!

So..Plan C!  I just wanted to share with you a couple quick things I picked up back in....July! It's terrible that my post office is inside Rexxal.  I end up having to pass by clearance racks. :/  These are the little goodies I found hiding in the bins:

The first item I found is a Nicole by OPI polish.  I thought the colour was really pretty and summery.  Except, I've totally forgotten about it as it sat in my "To Blog" pile.. :/  What I like about this yellow is that it's sunny and it's shimmery.  It has micro flecks of pink glitter.

I payed $4.97 for this polish!

Here is another view.  I tried really hard to pick up the pink shimmer.  Not sure you can see it in this photo.

The name of the polish is "Yellow It's Me." I don't know the collection because the only brand I follow collections by is Essie.  In this picture on the top of the bottle you can actually see some of the pinkish flecks.  It's so incredibly pretty!

The next item I picked up was a Prestige Lash Matrix  Length, Lift and Volume Mascara.  I know nothing of this brand and never heard of it...but I was totally suckered in by the "Spiral Technology Wraps and Lifts Each Lash" claim.  I'll try it soon as I've been doing good at working through my mini mascaras! This one is also waterproof which is my fave and they're getting harder and harder to find.  Think this will do what it says or was it in the clearance bin for a reason? ;)

I payed $5.07 for this mascara.

The last thing I picked up was this Chit Chat Ultimate Face Palette.  Again, it's something I've never heard of  but I thought it was super cute.  Besides, it was practically free..  They almost payed ME to take it out of the store! The back says it's from England.  It opens like a book and the left side has a mirror that spans almost the entire cover.

I payed $2.97 for this palette.

Here is what the right side of the palette looks like.  A blush, 3 shadows and 4 lip glosses.  Oh, and some super high end brushes. ;)

Here is a closeup of the lip gloss colours. I'm not generally a fan of lip gloss in a palette because I find it so messy and unhygienic. That said, I'd still use it. lol

Here is a closeup of the blush and the 3 shades of eye shadow.  I love that the eye shadows are neutral and that everything in this palette is super shimmery.  Of course I'm not expecting great results but for $3 I thought it would be fun to pick up!

So, I saved $11.93 on this purchase.  I payed $14.57 with taxes.  I guess if I didn't buy any of this I would have saved that $14.57 as well! heeh.

There you are!  Hopefully, I will be able to get my November Starlooks up for you tomorrow (tonight?)  Hooray..happy Friday!

XO
~A

14 comments:

  1. I got the exactly the same nail polish a while ago in Shoppers. The colour doesn't pay itself off :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well that's not good. Maybe a few coats will help?

      Delete
    2. I did 3 coats, the nail line is still visible. I think it will be nice to lay on other colours :)

      Delete
  2. good haul i love the nail paint.sucha sweet yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love prestige! They are actually a great affordable brand. Let us know how the mascara works out. I use their total intensity eyeliner and its literally the best thing ever, and their brow gel is great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I've never heard of the line before! I will for sure post my findings! :D I've never heard of other products!

      Delete
  4. nice finds! i loveeee how Rexall can have some ridiculous amazing sales... as in today, where i bought 5 lipsticks and 1 mascara for $15!! i went a little overboard with the lipsticks... oops!

    btw, im sure you have been nominated before but i nominated you for a liebster award too :)
    http://beauty-delights.blogspot.ca/2012/12/spotlight-liebster-award-x-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can...but sometimes their sales aren't the greatest. Mine doesn't generally get really low but maybe it depends on the size of the city. I'd die if I got a deal like you did today!

      Thank you for nominating me! :)

      Delete
  5. I felt I was the only one making a summer haul, almost all beauty bloggers are in winter haha :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear...I'm really behind on my posts. I try to keep up and I can't! :P

      Delete
  6. Chit Chat Ultimate Face Palette looks great & the price wow.
    Never heard of them before , though I will take an extra look at my SDM to see if they carry them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it and it's nothing to write home about. The eyeshadow was very nice for a subtle daytime look and the blush was super sparkly and pigmented which I LOOOOVE! I actually found this at Rexall! :)

      Delete