Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Review - Starlooks Foundation and Cream Blusher

Hello ladies!!! I'm super excited to blog today.  I always love sharing my reviews, particularly when it's something I really love.  I decided to do a two in one review since I used both products on my face!

If you are interested in trying Starlooks cosmetics but are worried about taking the plunge, I suggest you check out their monthly Starbox. You get an amazing value for only $15.00 a month.  You receive 3-4 full size makeup items from their line. Let them know Aleksandra Sokal sent you! :)

Once you have tried them, I think you will fall in love.  Then you will want to check out some of their items that wouldn't fit in the Starbox, like which I will review today! If you need any recommendations let me know!  

On to my review...

Starlooks Foundation: Balanced Satin Finish with SPF 15. $18.00. "Finally a foundation that has perfect coverage. This long lasting satin smooth formula has a flawless finish and minimal shine for that perfect finish."

I blindly chose the colour FK105.  I think I kind of got lucky there that it's pretty close.  I think I may try a shade down next time to see how that would look.  If you have any concerns about picking a foundation colour, contact the company at info@starlooks.com.  You can tell them what brand and number of foundation you are currently using and they will match it up for you! How wonderful is that?

The product comes in a really nice glass bottle.  I just love it! I love that their packaging has unique elements to it.  They are really distinguishing themselves as a high end product that is very sleek and classy.

This bottle comes with a pump so you can easily control how much product you need.

This is how much product dispenses at one pump.  I needed 3 this time.  I used one of those crummy sponges because I lost my beauty blender!!! EEK.  I think with my beauty blender I could manage 2 pumps.  After having used a BB sponge I can't go back to anything else.  I actually had a bit of difficulty applying foundation as easily!  I suppose I could have used a brush and then blended out with one of those white sponges. Oh well!

As you can see the colour is a pretty close match.  The light reflects a little differently off my skin then the foundation.

So..onto the pictures.  Nothing makes me feel so insecure as the world seeing me "naked" lol. Well..this is it...here is what an old lady looks like without makeup. :P  Well..I do have have some concealer and porefessional on (after moisturising of course!) This is basically my face foundation ready.

Here are the results after applying the Starlooks Balanced Satin Finish Foundation. I am so incredibly pleased with it!  I wish I had my beauty blender as I think I would have had even better coverage.  I notice that I do get an airbrushed finish.. a lot of my "age spots/freckles" or whatever heck they are appear much lighter.  My skin tone is much more evened out.

The product itself is very light, doesn't have a heavy feeling and is very easy to apply.  It actually feels a bit like a cream and it slowly sinks into your skin. The feeling of it on your face is satiny and soft.  The scent is very minimal, you really have to put your nose against your skin to smell it.  It's very pleasant and doesn't actually smell like most foundations.  It smells very faintly like a gentle moisturiser.

(Excuse the eyelash!)

Here is my completed look today after the foundation was set with powder and the rest of my makeup applied.  I was ready for an afternoon of power shopping! Hehe.  Notice the rosy cheeks?  Read on...

Cream Blusher in Elegant.  $11.00. "Our cream blush comes in lusciously pigmented shades in a light weight formula. This is a cream based formula that applies easily with a velvet finish."

The cream blush comes in a package like this.  It's actually quit large, bigger than most blushes.

Elegant is a very nice coral colour.  As you can see it has a lot of shimmer in it. The flakes are gold. It is so incredibly gorgeous I almost didn't want to use it! ;)

I'm not sure of the official way of applying cream blushers, but I used my fingertips.  I then dabbed it with one of those crummy white sponges to blend it. I'm sure I do have a brush that I could use.  The nice thing about this blush is that it is very buildable.  I don't have any colour to my cheeks naturally so a little bit for me went a long way.  It gave me this beautiful, youthful natural glow.  Since i was just going out shopping I didn't want to overdo it.

Girls, I am in love with this product.  I will be getting more to try out.  Some different colours.  The shimmer in them is not overwhelming at all.  As you can see it gave me a nice dewy glow which is just perfect!

Here is another view.  This is my first experience with a cream blush, so if you have any suggestions or tips I'll be happy to hear them!

I am giving the foundation a 4.5/5 rating and the blush a 5/5 rating.  I am so incredibly pleased with these products!!  Is there anything that you would like to know more about?  I'm definitely willing to share my reviews.  Starlooks is quickly becoming one of my favourite makeup brands.  I believe there is big things in store for them! Let me know what you think of the products I used today!

PS: I'm off to wax my 'stache now :P

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

XO
~A

17 comments:

  1. That foundation and blush look wonderful - I am defenitly going to look into getting the Starbox! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so wonderful, you have to try it for yourself!! It's such a wonderful treat to get in the mail. It's so different from other beauty boxes!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! The blush wasn't overly sparkly, which I like. What about the makeup remover? Did you try it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I was actually hoping for more shimmer eheh! But, it's lovely because it gives you a nice dewey glow!! Yes, I did try the makeup remover...I did a post about it down below. It was the Sunday before this post. :)

      Delete
  3. Those look like two awesome products on a gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really excellent products!!! Thank you Margo! :D

      Delete
  4. Your skin is gorgeous lady! The foundation looks soo good though, really close match:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I was really nervous but yes, I think I did good picking it out! If you're ever interested you could email CS and they will help you out!

      Delete
  5. These products look great! I love the shape of the foundation bottle and that it has a pump! Love how the cream blush looks too.

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://www.beautyinfinitum.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really great bottle! The nice thing about the bottle is that it also unscrews so you can use it that way! The cream blush is quickly becoming my favourite staple!

      Thank you for the nomination, I will get to it soon! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow.. you have a really great skin! Those products look lovely on you!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brittany! I'm super pleased with the products!

      Delete
  7. Great products! If they didn't always have eyeshadow, I would love to try Starlooks... I just really have enough shadow since I don't wear it ever. I'm keeping your name in mind if I end up going for it though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have only received a shadow once, aside from the December palette. One other tie it was a pigment!! Give it a shot for one month! :) It's such fun stuff to experiment with!

      Delete
  8. I just ordered their longwear foundation. I love my Starbox- never a failing product or order. That blush is truly beautiful and your finished face looks just lovely.

    ReplyDelete