Monday, April 30, 2012

Glymm April Box - April Flowers

I received my Glymm box last week.  I tried to stay off Facebook as much as I could, because I love to be surprised with these boxes.  I did see a lot (most) of the girls were really disappointed.  When I came home and picked up my box, I noticed it was extremely light.  I thought perhaps it was empty.
This is what the card looks like.  Of course on the back is the description of each of the products received.  I really appreciate these cards.
This is what my lot looked like.  I wasn't blown away, really.  But, I wasn't really angry either.  I figured I signed up for the service of receiving samples and that's what I'm getting.  There was a full size product in there, so it's not like the box didn't pay for itself.
First, I noticed this card that was in the box.  It was included as a bonus.  It's a $100 gift card towards styling tools and hair extensions.  I probably wouldn't get hair extensions and I already have a great flat iron and a great curling wand.  I've heard that even if you use the gift card, the minimum you'll spend is $50.  Now, that's not bad if you're getting a quality item.  I'll get around to checking it out and who know?!
The first product is Free Your Mane sulfate free hydrating shampoo and conditioner.  I know a lot of people don't like getting the shampoo samples.  It's true that these small samples don't give you a good idea of how the shampoos work, but I really like trying them because I have terribly frizzy and unmanageable hair!  I just wish they were bigger.  I could probably get 2-3 uses out of these packets.  My hair is about shoulder length but it's really fine.  I don't need a lot of product.  If I do, I start to get product flaking.

This product contains baobab oil from Africa, argan oil from morocco, pomegranate seed oil and sweet almond oil.  It's a plus it's all natural. Samples are 7.4ml each, full size is 300ml and retails for $16.00. Really seems like something I would enjoy, I just wish there was more!
Next is the Lucia soap.  You either received No.1 or No.6.  Obviously, I received No.1 which is goat milk and linseed.  I may have been more excited if I got the other one that was wild ginger and fresh fig.  The smell isn't something I really love.  I don't hate it.  I just can't decide if it bothers me or not.  Does that make sense?  I won't use it as a body soap because I prefer body wash, but I will use it as a hand soap in the washroom. 

These contain pure botanical extracts and are enriched with 100% certified organic shea butter.  Sample size is 1 bar @ 25g, full size is 8 bars and retails for $17.50.
Next was this little card in a glassine bag.
 When you flip it over you can see (can you see!?) a teeny tiny perfume sample.
This is Atelier cologne in orange sanguine.  A lot of people really love it, but I wasn't too big on it.  It smells just like a freshly peeled orange.  I gotta say I love that smell..but not so much in a perfume.  I don't really know what else to say about it.

The information states that each scent is intended to embody a singular moment of memory and experience.  I'm not sure about that...  The sample size is hmm a baby's tear...? The full size: 30ml reatails for $60 and the 200ml retails for $165!!! Did you hear that??? My jaw just dropped on the floor.  That's redic!!  I would never even pay that for my favourite perfume.  If I really loved this... I'd probably be asking for a 15ml for $30??? Even that would mean I really had to love it.  We'll see what happens with this sample.
Lastly, is the piece de resistance.  Did I say that right? lol.  It's a Mai Couture lip gloss.  I was super duper excited about this one.  Lipgloss is my favourite product.  I realize I have 100 tubes already but I love to rotate my glosses.  Moods, events..etc etc.  There was 1 of 5 you could receive and my colour was femme fatale.  I think it was one of the more pinkie ones, but it went on fairly nude.  It went on fabulously, I really like the colour but I was disappointed that it noticeably pooled in the creases of my lips. :(  If I had a lip primer I wonder if it would have made a difference.  I'm not giving up on this one yet.

Funny, thing it says this gloss fills in unwanted lines and restores moisture.  It contains a complex mix of plant extracts nautrally enhanceing lip volume.

This is a full size product and retails for $28.00!! Wha...?!
So, it appears they went for a "natural box" this month.  It wasn't super exciting but it wasn't all together the worst thing to land on my doorstep.  Then again, I may just be really easy to please.  (I hear I may sing a different tune when I get my beautybox 5? :()

That's all for now, what did you think of the April Glymm box?

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that someone else isn't disappointed with their box! I wrote a similar review of mine on my blog and thought I was the only one who was being optimistic about it! Also, I just used the shampoo/conditioner today - they smell kind of like a mens product, but work really well / made my hair silky - and I have over half the package left in each still! Hopefully you get similar results :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right too! I was shocked at how similar your review was... especially about the use of shampoo..lol. I'm following your lovely blog! :)

      Delete
    2. Actually, I think I've been following it all along! lol

      Delete
    3. Yayy I guess then you'll see now that I just awarded your blog an award on my blog :) :)

      Delete
  2. Just so you know, I read on the Glymm facebook wall that NuMe hair straighteners and curling wands can be bought at Winners/Home Sense for $34.99, so it might not be worth buying anything with that gift card. When I heard that, it was a bit disappointing. I am still in shock that that teeny tiny lipgloss is $28.00! It's kind of like my Cargo mascara that I got in my ebeauty.ca beauty bag- enjoy it!! but don't buy another one for yourself at that hugely inflated price :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek. That doesn't surprise me though. I've seen this done with other brands of straighteners. It's really sad that it happens and then we're kind of duped into thinking we got a good deal. I wonder how well the product works, because if I can get it at Winners for that price, it's worth checking out...even though there is nothing wrong with mine! lol

      There's a lot of good lipgloss for way cheaper. ;) I don't think I'd repurchase. My biggest complain was that it bled into my lip wrinkles or whatever those are called. ;) Otherwise, lovely gloss!

      Delete